St. Joseph Historical Society d/b/a Robidoux Row Museum
The Board of Directors of the Saint Joseph Historical Society d/b/a the Robidoux Row Museum
(here in after SJHS/RRMuseum) is seeking candidates for the Executive Director position with a salary of $36,000 – commensurate with experience. The SJHS/RRMuseum is a self-supporting private non-profit 501c3 organization. The purpose of the SJHS/Museum is to preserve the historic heritage of Saint Joseph, Missouri, and its founder, Joseph Robidoux, its early residents and their way of life. It also functions to preserve Saint Joseph’s ongoing history.
This information can also be obtained by visiting our Facebook page, Robidoux Row Museum.
- Board Governance: Works with board to fulfill the organization mission.
- Responsible for leading the SJHS/RRMuseum in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the SJHS/RRMuseum to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for fundraising and resource development necessary to support the SJHS/RR Museum mission such as grants, donor relations, and corporate partnerships.
- Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with the board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and adherence to programs and policies that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that the SJHS/RRMuseum can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of the SJHS/RRMuseum’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working with other museums, professional civic and private organizations.
- Responsible for the promotion and marketing of the SJHS/RRMuseum through available and pertinent media sources.
- Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are adequate to accomplish its mission as defined by the board.
- Responsible for effective administration of SJHS/RRMuseum.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent qualified support staff.
- Responsible for signatory requirements and other instruments or agreements as authorized by the board.
The successful candidate will hold a bachelor’s degree or higher, and/or have relevant experience in business, cultural and/or educational fields. Prior nonprofit work is preferred or demonstrated leadership and administrative abilities through other employment or work with civic, professional or private organizations. The successful candidate will possess strong written and oral communication skills and will have previously demonstrated the ability to collaborate with others, provide significant direction to the board and to manage staff as well as diverse volunteers and/ donors. The successful candidate should also have a passion for historic events and historic preservation.
Actual Job Responsibilities:
- Planning and implementation of operating and financial goals including a periodic strategic plan and of an annual budget in concert with the Board.
- Establishing administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the SJHS/RRMuseum as deemed relevant for a small nonprofit organization including a volunteer/docent program.
- Establish and maintain partnerships and relationships with various organizations throughout the community as well as the region and utilize these to strategically enhance SJHS/RRMuseum’s Mission.
- Provide for or perform curatorial services to include the appropriate accessioning of relevant materials, deaccessioning of materials not deemed appropriate, the creation of exhibits and the changing of exhibits on a periodic basis.
- Effectively communicate to the membership and public through social media.
- Responsible for timely communication with the board and members to include timely notice of events and the publications of newsletters quarterly as well as the maintenance of all membership records and donations with appropriate acknowledgement of donations/gifts.
- Assuring the appropriate daily operation of the RRMuseum and adequately supervise staff and volunteers.
- Promoting the Museum through the implementation of effective marketing plans by the proficient use of varied social media tools, television, radio and print as well as any other pertinent promotion means.
- Promoting and booking of events and the management of all aspects of booked events or membership events.
- Responsible for the assurance of a positive image of the Robidoux Row Museum including the interior and exterior of the Museum, the identification of maintenance needs and the reporting of these needs to the board.
- Assure that the Robidoux Row Museum operates in a manner that provides safety and security to staff, visitors and property.
- Carry out other duties or assignments as directed by the board.
If interested, please submit your resume to email@example.com no later than February 28th 2023.